When I say I want to read the book before seeing the movie, I don’t want brownie points or bragging rights. I want to be able to read the book with my imagined world and idea of the characters without the movie’s influence at least once. After you see the movie there’s always some part of it that sticks in your head for a long time and you lose the enjoyment of making it up yourself.
thank you so much for putting it into words
At the grocery store
- Woman: *on cellphone* Why am I leaving you? Why am I--I'll tell you why.
- Woman: Here's why. You don't respect me.
- Woman: You called me a whore in front of my children.
- Me: *says nothing, but has a face like O.O*
- Woman: You don't respect me. And you know, there some white chick here in the store, she walking, she heard me say that and she make a face.
- Woman: Because even she know you a piece of shit.
- People in 2000: Y2K is going to kill us all!
- in 2001: Anthrax is going to kill us all!
- in 2002: West Nile Virus is going to kill us all!
- in 2003: Weapons of Mass Destruction are going to kill us all!
- in 2004: SARS is going to kill us all!
- in 2005: Bird Flu is going to kill us all!
- in 2006: E. Coli is going to kill us all!
- in 2007: Vaccines are going to kill us all
- in 2008: The Bad Economy is going to kill us all!
- in 2009: Swine Flu is going to kill us all!
- in 2010: BP Oil is going to kill us all!
- in 2011: Obamacare is going to kill us all!
- In 2012: The end of the world is going to kill us all!
- In 2013: North Korea is going to kill us all!
- In 2014: Ebola is going to kill us all!
- Me: Eh, it will work out
- I'm more afraid of the police tbh.
Demand more research into mental illnesses
Demand more education on mental illness
Demand more positive representation of mental illness
Destroy the stigma that surrounds mental illness
Don’t let more kids struggle all their life not knowing what is wrong with them
Don’t let mental illnesses go unrecognized and untreated
Destroy this environment that favors neurotypical able people
According to the song Seasons of Love from RENT, there are 525,600 minutes a year.
One line later, there are “525,000 Moments so dear”.
So, doing the math, we can glean that there are 600 moments which aren’t so dear.
And I think I just used one of them by walking in on my boss who forgot to lock the bathroom stall.
this post did not even remotely go in the direction I was expecting it to